Visa Information

Visa requirements and Assistance:

In the Czech Republic there are two different types of visas for people looking to teach English.

  • Work Permit
  • Business Visa with a Zivnostensky License

Due to increased regulations with the Work Permit, we recommend getting a Business Visa and a Zivno, because the process will be much quicker and easier with less paperwork. A Zivnostensky License allows you to contract out your English services and you are able to work for many companies at one time. 

In the Czech Republic the visa process can seem quite confusing if you don’t speak the language. While it is possible to do your visa on your own, we recommend going through a visa agency.

Hello Academies work directly with the visa company, VisaForce. VisaForce will help all trainees (no matter where they are from) to obtain a visa in the Czech Republic. A representative will come in to give more detailed information of what is needed for the visa and will give a brief overview of the company. With Native speakers from USA, Czech Republic, and Russia, VisaForce stands alone in the caliber of its service, swiftness, and transparency of an otherwise daunting process. We work hard to ensure that your visa needs are satisfied with the professionalism of a top-tier agency and the price that is one of the lowest in the country. Friendly staff and attention to detail are what makes us one of the elite in the country. 

We also recommend contacting your embassy and asking about the requirements for living and working in Prague prior to arriving in Prague to help prepare you for what the process will be like.


For more information on what kind of visa you'll need and how to apply for one, head over to

A checklist of documents and actions required throughout the process of your visa application is available on the Czech Government website:

You can find downloadable application forms for visas and residence permits here.


Hello Academies is fully accredited.
IATQuO logo Samller Earth logo